Africa's Number 1 Hotel Booking Portal, Jovago.com has researched and found the basic things you need to know when getting a Dubai Visa.
What Type of Visa Do You Need?
Did you know there's more than one type of visa you can get to gain entry into the UAE?
1. A 96-hour Visa: This visa is valid for 4 days and non-extendible. It's mostly acquired by transit passengers who are making a stopover at Dubai International Airport (DXB) for at least 8 hours. In order to be granted this type of visa, your passport must be valid for at least 3 months.
2. Tourist Visa: This visa is usually valid for about 30 days, but if you plan to stay longer, it can be extended another 30 days at an extra cost.
3. Visit Visa: This visa has a non-extendible validity period of 90 days. And is issued to people entering the UAE to visit family or for a long business trip.
What Do You Need to Apply?
1. Of course, the first, and most basic, item you require is a valid Passport. If you'll be staying for up to 3 months, your passport should be valid for 3 months after your date of entry, and 6 months if you'll be staying longer than that. Don't have a Nigerian Passport? Visit the immigration office closest to you or apply online.
2. If you have a passport, the next thing you need is a photocopy of its data page, and any visas it may contain (valid or expired). You may need a copy of your ID Card as well.
3. You'll also need copies of your most recent bank statement, as well as proof of health insurance.
4. You'll be required to present copies of your confirmed itinerary, which means you will have to purchase round-trip tickets or risk being denied entry at the airport. And you will also have to present evidence of hotel reservations or secure accommodation.
5. i) If you are applying as a tourist, you will need a letter from your employer stating you are on break and will be returning to your place of work upon return. If you are self-employed, you'll need to present a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
6. If you are visiting a relative or friend, he/she will need to send you an invitation letter that includes a copy of their UAE passport data page, or residence permit or national passport information page, their contact information, address, signature, and date.
How Do You Apply?
Applying is pretty easy. Once you have your documents in order, you can apply through a travel agency or a UAE resident if you happen to know any. You'll also need to fill out a visa application form.
How Much Does A Visa Cost?
The cost of your visa will be determined by how long you wish to stay and what type of visa you are applying for. A visa for 30 days will cost $57 and one for 96 hours costs $44. Find out more about visa prices here.
When Will It Be Ready?
Depending on what type of visa you've applied for, it should be processed within 2 to 8 days. Your application is subject to the decision of the Dubai immigration, so if you're certain your documents are in order and you've used a trusted agent, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.